
The Nile River, which is the longest river in the world (if you count all of its tributaries), was the lifeline of the ancient Egyptian peoples. Even now, almost all of Egypt's 80 million people live close to the Nile River. If you look at the satellite image to the right, you can see the thin line of green along the Nile, and the large, empty deserts beyond on either side.
The Nile River begins at Lake Victoria in the country of Uganda and flows north through Sudan and Egypt before emptying into the Mediterranean Sea.
I was lucky enough to be able to sail up the river Nile for four days. Along the way I saw many incredible sights: farms, fishers, swimmers and even peoples selling things from boats. It was an amazing journey!







Along the way the boat had to pass through one lock, in order to get to higher ground. As we slowed down to move into the lock, many people selling clothing approached the boat I was on and tried to sell things to the boat's passengers.





No comments:
Post a Comment